Free Weather Website Templates
They're free, but use at your own risk
The scripts referenced here are used in the operation of this weather station, and may be freely copied and used to support your station. Please note that you use these scripts at your own risk. No warranty is expressed or implied. I accept no liability for any damages that may ensue from their use.
You will need to configure them for your own particular weather station website.
A RSS Feed is available to help keep you informed on updates to the scripts.
A Version History is available -- check back from time to time to see if there are updates to scripts you have downloaded earlier.
Announcements of version updates and new scripts are made on
and saratogaWXPHP Twitter account as they become available.
This page was updated
Thursday, 09-Feb-2017 11:27 AM
PHP/AJAX Website Template Set - Updates
Note: this page should be used to upgrade V2 Weather-Display/AJAX/PHP templates only to new V3 templates with the WD-plugin.
Select the current V2 template you are using on your weather website, then press "Create Upgrade File" to see the list of files needing update to convert your website to a V3 template. Click on the "Download a ZIP file of updates" and save the file locally -- it contains all the files needed for the upgrade.
Carefully follow the Recommend: instructions for each file listed when doing the website update.
Checking the "Save selections?" checkbox and clicking on "Create Upgrade File" button will store your selections in a browser cookie so it will be available the next time you visit this page.
Note: Browser cookies must be enabled to save your selections.
If you would like your site listed as using the templates, please contact me with your weather website URL, location, Base and Plugin used.
The dates in the distribution files are stored using Pacific time (GMT-8hrs).
V3 template version history (latest 20 updates)
- Version 3.228 - 22-Apr-2017 - (Base-*) update thermometer.php V1.15, include-wxstatus.php V1.06, ajaxWLCOMwx.js V3.05 for WLCOM-plugin support, footer.php V1.02 for https validation links;
(WLCOM-plugin) V1.00 - initial release to allow weatherlink.com to source weather data for the templates;
(Base-USA) updated wxindex.php V1.01 for WU map URLs, advforecast2.php V5.00 (JSON version) and DualImage.php V1.01 for new NWS forecast.weather.gov site on 24-Apr-2017,
- Version 3.227 - 22-Feb-2017 - (Base-USA) updated radar-status.php V1.15 w/cURL fetch+improved debugging displays;
(Base-Canada) updated ec-radar.php V2.02 and ec-forecast.php V4.02 w/cURL fetch, HTTPS to EC website, and improved debugging displays;
(Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V3.03 w/cURL fetch, HTTPS to WU website, and improved debugging displays;
- Version 3.226 - 21-Feb-2017 - (Base-USA) updated WU-radar-inc.php V1.12 and WU-radar-testpage.php V1.01 to fix some crosshair-cursor positioning issues
(Base-*) updated quake-json.php V1.12 with corrected USGS $mapMainURL value
- Version 3.225 - 15-Feb-2017 - (Base-USA) updated WU-radar-inc.php V1.11 to fix configuration issues with Chrome, Edge and Opera browsers
- Version 3.224 - 14-Feb-2017 - (Base-*) updated quake-json.php V1.11 to support HTTPS queries to USGS website,
(Base-USA) updated WU-radar-inc V1.10 for WU website changes, HTTPS to WU and complete Settings.php support for Saratoga templates
- Version 3.223 - 06-Jan-2017 - (Base-USA) updated get-nnvl-iod.php V2.02 to add timeout values for access to NNVL website
- Version 3.222 - 08-Nov-2016 - (Base-USA) updated get-nnvl-iod.php V2.00 to use NNVL RSS/ATOM feed for content
- Version 3.221 - 20-Nov-2016 - (Base-USA) updated get-nnvl-iod.php V1.17 with fixes for NNVL website changes (webp image and iconv() messages)
- Version 3.220 - 31-Oct-2016 - (Base-*) updated check-fetch-times.php V1.15 with fixes for URL tests and improved diagnostics
- Version 3.219 - 27-Oct-2016 - (Base-Canada) updated ec-forecast.php V4.01 with fix for conditions icon extract, yesterday data, use curl fetch for URL
- Version 3.218 - 22-Oct-2016 - (Base-Canada) updated ec-forecast.php V4.00 for major EC forecast website changes
- Version 3.217 - 15-Oct-2016 - (Base-Canada) added ec-lightning.php V1.00, wxeclightning.php to allow display of Environment Canada Lightning Danger Maps
- Version 3.216 - 27-Sep-2016 - (Base-USA) updated get-nnvl-iod V1.16 with fixes for NNVL website changes
- Version 3.215 - 24-Sep-2016 - (Base-USA) updated radar-status V1.14 with fixes for NWS website changes
- Version 3.214 - 03-Aug-2016 - (Base-USA) updated nws-alerts V1.37 scripts set (thanks Curly!)
- Version 3.213 - 07-Aug-2016 - (Base-*) updated quake-json.js V1.01 with fix for window.onload interference problem in sorttable script
- Version 3.212 - 03-Aug-2016 - (Base-USA) updated radar-status.php V1.13 with fixes for NWS URL/page design changes.
- Version 3.211 - 15-Jul-2016 - (Base-USA) updated atom-advisory.php V2.12 and atom-top-warning.php V2.10 with cURL option CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER,false fix for operation on some webservers. Thanks to Craig Dolphin Twitter: @craigdolphin for the fix
- Version 3.209 - 14-Jun-2016 - (Base-USA) updated atom-advisory.php V2.11, atom-top-warning.php V2.09 and
nws-alerts.php V2.16 to use HTTPS access to alerts.weather.gov website
A full version history is available here.