Free Weather Website Templates
They're free, but use at your own risk
The scripts referenced here are used in the operation of this weather station, and may be freely copied and used to support your station. Please note that you use these scripts at your own risk. No warranty is expressed or implied. I accept no liability for any damages that may ensue from their use.
You will need to configure them for your own particular weather station website.
A RSS Feed is available to help keep you informed on updates to the scripts.
A Version History is available -- check back from time to time to see if there are updates to scripts you have downloaded earlier.
Announcements of version updates and new scripts are made on
and saratogaWXPHP Twitter account as they become available.
This page was updated
Tuesday, 18-Aug-2015 2:14 PM
PHP/AJAX Website Template Set - Updates
Note: this page should be used to update V3 AJAX/PHP templates only. Users of the prior V2 Weather-Display AJAX/PHP template set (installations done before 27-Jan-2011) should NOT use this facility for updates, but instead, consider updating their current site to use the V3 templates.
Using these updates with a V2 WD/AJAX/PHP template may cause unexpected results and website malfunctions.
You can use the query form below to see all the changed files in the selected distribution ZIP files sorted by most recent file updated. Use the date you had last downloaded the distributions as the starting date, then all the files updated since that date will be displayed for your Base and Plugin combination.
Checking the "Save selections?" checkbox and clicking on "Check for Updates" button will store your selections in a browser cookie so it will be available the next time you visit this page.
Note: Browser cookies must be enabled to save your selections.
If you would like your site listed as using the templates, please contact me with your weather website URL, location, Base and Plugin used.
The dates in the distribution files are stored using Pacific time (GMT-8hrs). Select the date below with that in mind. You can use the date shown for the Version History (below) for the 'Last Download' date to pick up a specific update (and any more recent additions), otherwise use the date you last downloaded an update to pick up all available updates for your configuration.
Version history (latest 20 updates
- Version 3.208 - 23-May-2016 - (Base-*) updated get-metar-conditions-inc.php V1.14 to use tgftp.nws.noaa.gov for METAR .TXT instead of weather.noaa.gov site which is discontinuing operation 15-Jun-2016
- Version 3.207 - 10-Mar-2016 - (Base-Canada) updated quake-Canada.php V1.12 for EC website changes (thanks to Ray at tzweather.org)
- Version 3.206 - 16-Dec-2015 - (Base-Canada) updated ec-forecast.php V3.05 for EC temperature forecast wording changes+extraction
- Version 3.205 - 14-Dec-2015 - (Base-Canada) updated ec-forecast.php V3.04 for EC chunked+gzipped responses
- Version 3.204 - 01-Dec-2015 - (Base-Canada) updated ec-forecast.php V3.03 for current conditions extract
- Version 3.203 - 30-Nov-2015 - (Base-Canada) updated ec-radar.php V2.01 to fix timezone extract+use meteo.gc.ca for lang=fr
- Version 3.202 - 11-Nov-2015 - (Base-*) updated get-USNO-sunmoon.php V2.04 to use specific local date instead of date=today and reload cache when local date changes
- Version 3.201 - 07-Nov-2015 - (Base-USA) updated advforecast2.php V4.02 to fix Zone forecast display when using .gif icons
- Version 3.200 - 05-Nov-2015 - (Base-Canada) updated ec-radar.php V2.00 for 8 or 14 color displays and to use GD functions to add overlay to images. Also improved refresh speed.
- Version 3.199 - 17-Aug-2015 - (Base-*) updated common.php V1.09 for HTML5 validation in print_language_selects_* routines
- Version 3.198 - 12-Aug-2015 - (Base-USA) updated atom-advisory.php V2.10 and GR3-radar-inc.php V1.05 for PHP Deprecated/Strict errata,
(Base-*) updated common.php V1.08 for deprecated preg_replace /e usage,
(WD-Plugin) updated include-wxhistory.php
V1.10 for deprecated preg_replace /e usage.
- Version 3.197 - 01-Aug-2015 - (Base-*) updated get-USNO-sunmoon.php V2.03 to default missing JSON fracillum for New/Quarter/Full moon phases
- Version 3.196 - 31-Jul-2015 - (Base-*) updated get-USNO-sunmoon.php V2.02 to handle missing JSON fracillum/curphase data
- Version 3.195 - 29-Jul-2015 - (Base-*) updated get-USNO-sunmoon.php V2.01 to handle missing prior/next moon data from USNO JSON
- Version 3.194 - 29-Jul-2015 - (Base-*) updated get-USNO-sunmoon.php V2.00 to use new JSON query to aa.usno.navy.mil
- Version 3.193 - 07-Jul-2015 - (Base-USA) updated advforecast2.php V4.01 to correct HTML formatting and validation issues
- Version 3.192 - 06-Jul-2015 - (Base-USA) updated advforecast2.php V4.00, added DualImage.php V1.00 and icon templates to support NWS dual-image icons on 7-Jul-2015, and radar-status.php V1.12 for NWS website changes
- Version 3.191 - 06-Jul-2015 - (Base-*) updated quake-json.php V1.08 to fix date issues by force JSON BIGINT to decode as string
- Version 3.190 - 04-Jun-2015 - (Base-USA) updated radar-status.php V1.11 with changes due to new NWS radar status page
- Version 3.189 - 04-Jun-2015 - (Base-USA) updated radar-status.php V1.10 with change to NWS radar status URL
- Version 3.188 - 02-Jun-2015 - (Base-*) updated quake-json.php V1.07 with changes for new USGS GeoJSON source URL
A full version history is available here.