They're free, but use at your own risk
The scripts referenced here are used in the operation of this weather station, and may be freely copied and used to support your station. Please note that you use these scripts at your own risk. No warranty is expressed or implied. I accept no liability for any damages that may ensue from their use.
You will need to configure them for your own particular weather station website.
A RSS Feed is available to help keep you informed on updates to the scripts.
A Version History is available -- check back from time to time to see if there are updates to scripts you have downloaded earlier.
Announcements of version updates and new scripts are made on
and saratogaWXPHP Twitter account as they become available.
This page was updated
Saturday, 22-Apr-2017 2:28 PM
PHP/AJAX Website Template Sets
The templates are grouped into three basic versions based on geographic location, and include the support scripts needed for that geography:
- USA-template (for USA, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands)
- Canada-Multingual template English/French (for Canada)
- World-Multilingual template (for non-USA, non-Canada)
Plugins are available for weather station software:
- Virtual Weather Station
- WeatherCat (Version V0.95, Build 152 or later) (Successor product to Lightsoft Weather Center (LWC))
- WeatherLink.com (requires a userid/password on weatherlink.com)
- WeatherSnoop (Version 2.1.1 or later)
A complete template consists of a Base (determined by your geographical location) and a Plugin for your specific weather software.
Main features of the template set:
- Modular structure for display pages on website with primary areas (top, header, sidebar, footer) controlled by included parts so global changes can be easily made to one file and shown on all pages in the site.
- A 4-level CSS-based flyout-menu system controlled by specification in one XML file.
- Built-in theme switcher allowing optional viewer control over website color scheme and wide/narrow aspect (with user preferences remembered by browser cookie)
- Built-in multilingual translation capability for single-phrase lookup (English to target language) and entire-page fixed content translation.
- Integrated support scripts for forecasts, alerts, and earthquake information appropriate to the geography selected.
- Built-in optional debugging displays for remote site support.
- Validated XHTML 1.0-Transitional HTML and CSS 2.1
|Base Templates (images shown with VWS-plugin active)
USA languages included:
(but may add language plugins)
Canada languages included:
World languages included:
English, Afrikaans, български език, Català, Dansk, Nederlands, Suomi, Français, Deutsch, Ελληνικά, Italiano,
עִבְרִית. Norsk, Polski, Português,
limba română, Español, Svenska, Slovenščina
Please follow the links below for information, download and installation/configuration guidance.
Version history (latest 20 updates)
- Version 3.228 - 22-Apr-2017 - (Base-*) update thermometer.php V1.15, include-wxstatus.php V1.06, ajaxWLCOMwx.js V3.05 for WLCOM-plugin support, footer.php V1.02 for https validation links;
(WLCOM-plugin) V1.00 - initial release to allow weatherlink.com to source weather data for the templates;
(Base-USA) updated wxindex.php V1.01 for WU map URLs, advforecast2.php V5.00 (JSON version) and DualImage.php V1.01 for new NWS forecast.weather.gov site on 24-Apr-2017,
- Version 3.227 - 22-Feb-2017 - (Base-USA) updated radar-status.php V1.15 w/cURL fetch+improved debugging displays;
(Base-Canada) updated ec-radar.php V2.02 and ec-forecast.php V4.02 w/cURL fetch, HTTPS to EC website, and improved debugging displays;
(Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V3.03 w/cURL fetch, HTTPS to WU website, and improved debugging displays;
- Version 3.226 - 21-Feb-2017 - (Base-USA) updated WU-radar-inc.php V1.12 and WU-radar-testpage.php V1.01 to fix some crosshair-cursor positioning issues
(Base-*) updated quake-json.php V1.12 with corrected USGS $mapMainURL value
- Version 3.225 - 15-Feb-2017 - (Base-USA) updated WU-radar-inc.php V1.11 to fix configuration issues with Chrome, Edge and Opera browsers
- Version 3.224 - 14-Feb-2017 - (Base-*) updated quake-json.php V1.11 to support HTTPS queries to USGS website,
(Base-USA) updated WU-radar-inc V1.10 for WU website changes, HTTPS to WU and complete Settings.php support for Saratoga templates
- Version 3.223 - 06-Jan-2017 - (Base-USA) updated get-nnvl-iod.php V2.02 to add timeout values for access to NNVL website
- Version 3.222 - 08-Nov-2016 - (Base-USA) updated get-nnvl-iod.php V2.00 to use NNVL RSS/ATOM feed for content
- Version 3.221 - 20-Nov-2016 - (Base-USA) updated get-nnvl-iod.php V1.17 with fixes for NNVL website changes (webp image and iconv() messages)
- Version 3.220 - 31-Oct-2016 - (Base-*) updated check-fetch-times.php V1.15 with fixes for URL tests and improved diagnostics
- Version 3.219 - 27-Oct-2016 - (Base-Canada) updated ec-forecast.php V4.01 with fix for conditions icon extract, yesterday data, use curl fetch for URL
- Version 3.218 - 22-Oct-2016 - (Base-Canada) updated ec-forecast.php V4.00 for major EC forecast website changes
- Version 3.217 - 15-Oct-2016 - (Base-Canada) added ec-lightning.php V1.00, wxeclightning.php to allow display of Environment Canada Lightning Danger Maps
- Version 3.216 - 27-Sep-2016 - (Base-USA) updated get-nnvl-iod V1.16 with fixes for NNVL website changes
- Version 3.215 - 24-Sep-2016 - (Base-USA) updated radar-status V1.14 with fixes for NWS website changes
- Version 3.214 - 03-Aug-2016 - (Base-USA) updated nws-alerts V1.37 scripts set (thanks Curly!)
- Version 3.213 - 07-Aug-2016 - (Base-*) updated quake-json.js V1.01 with fix for window.onload interference problem in sorttable script
- Version 3.212 - 03-Aug-2016 - (Base-USA) updated radar-status.php V1.13 with fixes for NWS URL/page design changes.
- Version 3.211 - 15-Jul-2016 - (Base-USA) updated atom-advisory.php V2.12 and atom-top-warning.php V2.10 with cURL option CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER,false fix for operation on some webservers. Thanks to Craig Dolphin Twitter: @craigdolphin for the fix
- Version 3.209 - 14-Jun-2016 - (Base-USA) updated atom-advisory.php V2.11, atom-top-warning.php V2.09 and
nws-alerts.php V2.16 to use HTTPS access to alerts.weather.gov website
A full version history is available here.
Current Template Website Statistics
Numbers are counts of template websites by template version (V2, V3) and weather software used by the website.
|sint wind pi
Note: Regional Weather Network sites do not run weather station software, but do use the V2 or V3 template set.
V2 template sets were based using Weather-Display software only.
Acknowledgements and thanks!