They're free, but use at your own risk
The scripts referenced here are used in the operation of this weather station, and may be freely copied and used to support your station. Please note that you use these scripts at your own risk. No warranty is expressed or implied. I accept no liability for any damages that may ensue from their use.
You will need to configure them for your own particular weather station website.
A RSS Feed is available to help keep you informed on updates to the scripts.
A Version History is available -- check back from time to time to see if there are updates to scripts you have downloaded earlier.
Announcements of version updates and new scripts are made on
and saratogaWXPHP Twitter account as they become available.
This page was updated
Friday, 08-Mar-2013 5:00 PM
PHP/AJAX Website Template Sets
The templates are grouped into three basic versions based on geographic location, and include the support scripts needed for that geography:
- USA-template (for USA, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands)
- Canada-Multingual template English/French (for Canada)
- World-Multilingual template (for non-USA, non-Canada)
Plugins are available for weather station software:
- Virtual Weather Station
- WeatherCat (Version V0.95, Build 152 or later) (Successor product to Lightsoft Weather Center (LWC))
- WeatherSnoop (Version 2.1.1 or later)
A complete template consists of a Base (determined by your geographical location) and a Plugin for your specific weather software.
Main features of the template set:
- Modular structure for display pages on website with primary areas (top, header, sidebar, footer) controlled by included parts so global changes can be easily made to one file and shown on all pages in the site.
- A 4-level CSS-based flyout-menu system controlled by specification in one XML file.
- Built-in theme switcher allowing optional viewer control over website color scheme and wide/narrow aspect (with user preferences remembered by browser cookie)
- Built-in multilingual translation capability for single-phrase lookup (English to target language) and entire-page fixed content translation.
- Integrated support scripts for forecasts, alerts, and earthquake information appropriate to the geography selected.
- Built-in optional debugging displays for remote site support.
- Validated XHTML 1.0-Transitional HTML and CSS 2.1
|Base Templates (images shown with VWS-plugin active)
USA languages included:
(but may add language plugins)
Canada languages included:
World languages included:
English, Afrikaans, български език, Català, Dansk, Nederlands, Suomi, Français, Deutsch, Ελληνικά, Italiano,
עִבְרִית. Norsk, Polski, Português,
limba română, Español, Svenska, Slovenščina
Please follow the links below for information, download and installation/configuration guidance.
Version history (latest 20 updates)
- Version 3.181 - 23-Dec-2014 - (Base-Canada) updated ec-forecast.php V3.01 with fixes for 'Normals'/'Sun times' extract, text forecast, and .png PoP icons
- Version 3.180 - 09-Dec-2014 - (Base-*) updated quake-json.php V1.06 to handle chunked JSON response from USGS
- Version 3.179 - 01-Nov-2014 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V3.02 to handle additional WU URL types
- Version 3.178 - 31-Oct-2014 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V3.01 to correct language selection for standalone use
- Version 3.177 - 31-Oct-2014 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V3.00 to use WU API for forecasts. NOTE: requires you to aquire a WU API key for operation.
- Version 3.176 - 18-Oct-2014 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V2.08 to fix multilingual issue and to force period names as day name/night name in selected language
- Version 3.175 - 18-Oct-2014 - (Base-Canada) updated ec-radar.php V1.11 for major EC website changes
- Version 3.174 - 17-Oct-2014 - (Base-Canada) updated ec-forecast.php V3.00 for major EC website changes
- Version 3.173 - 15-Oct-2014 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V2.07 for WU mixed ISO/UTF8 JSON usage
- Version 3.172 - 13-Oct-2014 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V2.06 for JSON extract after WU website changes.
- Version 3.171 - 30-Sep-2014 - (Base-USA) updated get-nnvl-iod.php V1.15 to fix issue where graphic file contents do not match graphic file extension.
- Version 3.170 - 26-Jul-2014 - (Base-*) updated thermometer.php V1.14 to fix Notice: error after WSN support was added.
- Version 3.169 - 20-Jul-2014 - (WSN-plugin,Base-*) added support for WeatherSnoop V3 software
- Version 3.168 - 18-Jun-2014 - (MB-plugin) updated ajaxMBwx.js V4.02 to fix logic issue with useFeelsLike=0 using HeatIndex
- Version 3.167 - 07-Jun-2014 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V2.05 to fix JSON processing after WU website changes
- Version 3.166 - 09-May-2014 - (Base-USA) updated radar-status.php V1.09 for NWS website changes
- Version 3.165 - 16-Apr-2014 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V2.04 to fix JSON extract for PHP < 5.4.x for new WU webpage design
- Version 3.164 - 16-Apr-2014 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V2.03 to fix JSON extract regex for new WU webpage design
- Version 3.163 - 15-Apr-2014 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V2.02 to fix JSON extract regex for PHP < 5.4.x systems
- Version 3.162 - 15-Apr-2014 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V2.01 to add support for PHP 5 < 5.3 (missing json_last_error() function)
A full version history is available here.
Current Template Website Statistics
Numbers are counts of template websites by template version (V2, V3) and weather software used by the website.
Note: Regional Weather Network sites do not run weather station software, but do use the V2 template set.
V2 template sets were based using Weather-Display software only.
Acknowledgements and thanks!