They're free, but use at your own risk
The scripts referenced here are used in the operation of this weather station, and may be freely copied and used to support your station. Please note that you use these scripts at your own risk. No warranty is expressed or implied. I accept no liability for any damages that may ensue from their use.
You will need to configure them for your own particular weather station website.
A RSS Feed is available to help keep you informed on updates to the scripts.
A Version History is available -- check back from time to time to see if there are updates to scripts you have downloaded earlier.
Announcements of version updates and new scripts are made on
and saratogaWXPHP Twitter account as they become available.
This page was updated
Friday, 08-Mar-2013 5:00 PM
PHP/AJAX Website Template Sets
The templates are grouped into three basic versions based on geographic location, and include the support scripts needed for that geography:
- USA-template (for USA, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands)
- Canada-Multingual template English/French (for Canada)
- World-Multilingual template (for non-USA, non-Canada)
Plugins are available for weather station software:
- Virtual Weather Station
- WeatherCat (Version V0.95, Build 152 or later) (Successor product to Lightsoft Weather Center (LWC))
- WeatherSnoop (Version 2.1.1 or later)
A complete template consists of a Base (determined by your geographical location) and a Plugin for your specific weather software.
Main features of the template set:
- Modular structure for display pages on website with primary areas (top, header, sidebar, footer) controlled by included parts so global changes can be easily made to one file and shown on all pages in the site.
- A 4-level CSS-based flyout-menu system controlled by specification in one XML file.
- Built-in theme switcher allowing optional viewer control over website color scheme and wide/narrow aspect (with user preferences remembered by browser cookie)
- Built-in multilingual translation capability for single-phrase lookup (English to target language) and entire-page fixed content translation.
- Integrated support scripts for forecasts, alerts, and earthquake information appropriate to the geography selected.
- Built-in optional debugging displays for remote site support.
- Validated XHTML 1.0-Transitional HTML and CSS 2.1
|Base Templates (images shown with VWS-plugin active)
USA languages included:
(but may add language plugins)
Canada languages included:
World languages included:
English, Afrikaans, български език, Català, Dansk, Nederlands, Suomi, Français, Deutsch, Ελληνικά, Italiano,
עִבְרִית. Norsk, Polski, Português,
limba română, Español, Svenska, Slovenščina
Please follow the links below for information, download and installation/configuration guidance.
Version history (latest 20 updates)
- Version 3.157 - 25-Feb-2014 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V1.33 for temperature display fix for some languages
- Version 3.156 - 24-Feb-2014 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V1.32 for WU website temperature forecast changes
- Version 3.155 - 08-Feb-2014 - (MB-plugin) updated MB-defs.php V1.04, MBtags-template.txt to correct $yearrn to use rain0rain-yearsum variable
- Version 3.154 - 30-Dec-2013 - (Base-*) updated WXSIM plaintext-parser.php V1.30 for deprecated preg_replace /e message
- Version 3.153 - 30-Dec-2013 - (Base-Canada) updated quake-Canada.php V1.11 for EC website changes
- Version 3.152 - 28-Dec-2013 - (Base-USA) updated get-nnvl-iod.php V1.14 for HiRes image URL location
- Version 3.151 - 25-Dec-2013 - (Base-USA) updated get-nnvl-iod.php V1.13 for changes in NNVL website
- Version 3.150 - 17-Dec-2013 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V1.31 for changes in WU website for temperature forecasts.
- Version 3.149 - 06-Dec-2013 - (Base-USA) updated WU-radar-inc.php V1.09 to auto-change WU radar images URL
- Version 3.148 - 28-Nov-2013 - (WCT-plugin) updated WCT_realtime.txt template for missing wind-gust variable
- Version 3.147 - 18-Nov-2013 - (Base-USA) updated advforecast2.php V3.10 for Zone forecast failover due to NWS website changes
- Version 3.146 - 19-Sep-2013 - (Base-Canada) updated ec-radar.php V1.10 for support for (default) original 14-color and new 8-color radar image options.
- Version 3.145 - 19-Aug-2013 - (Base-USA) updated nws-alerts.php V1.15 to fix a Strict: error message;
(Base-*) updated ajaxCUwx.js V3.04 to fix useKnots handling and missing break in feelslike calculation;
(MB-plugin) updated gen-MBtags.php V1.03 and MB-defs.php V1.03 to allow Davis forecast to appear with Meteobridge 1.8 (2198)+
- Version 3.144 - 07-Jul-2013 - (Base-Canada) updated wxquake.php V1.01 to correct EC website links in page
- Version 3.143 - 06-Jul-2013 - (Base-Canada) updated quake-Canada.php V1.10 for EC website changes;
updated wxadvisory.php V1.02 with fix for all-Canada image display
- Version 3.142 - 28-Jun-2013 - (Base-USA) updated advforecast2.php V3.09 for NWS Zone forecast website changes
- Version 3.141 - 04-Jun-2013 - (MB-Plugin) updated conds.php V1.05+realtime template for Steel Series Gauges V2.4.0
- Version 3.140 - 24-May-2013 - (Base-*) updated quake-json.php V1.05 to fix generated styling for CSS3 validation
- Version 3.139 - 23-May-2013 - (Base-*) updated quake-json.php V1.04 to add 'home' site pin on map + additional settings via calling page
- Version 3.138 - 21-May-2013 - (Base-Canada) update quake-Canada.php V1.09 for EC website changes;
(Base-World,Base-USA) update wxquake.php V1.03 to remove USGS graphics which are no longer produced by the USGS
A full version history is available here.
Current Template Website Statistics
Numbers are counts of template websites by template version (V2, V3) and weather software used by the website.
Note: Regional Weather Network sites do not run weather station software, but do use the V2 template set.
V2 template sets were based using Weather-Display software only.
Acknowledgements and thanks!