They're free, but use at your own risk
The scripts referenced here are used in the operation of this weather station, and may be freely copied and used to support your station. Please note that you use these scripts at your own risk. No warranty is expressed or implied. I accept no liability for any damages that may ensue from their use.
You will need to configure them for your own particular weather station website.
A RSS Feed is available to help keep you informed on updates to the scripts.
A Version History is available -- check back from time to time to see if there are updates to scripts you have downloaded earlier.
Announcements of version updates and new scripts are made on
and saratogaWXPHP Twitter account as they become available.
This page was updated
Friday, 08-Mar-2013 5:00 PM
PHP/AJAX Website Template Sets
The templates are grouped into three basic versions based on geographic location, and include the support scripts needed for that geography:
- USA-template (for USA, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands)
- Canada-Multingual template English/French (for Canada)
- World-Multilingual template (for non-USA, non-Canada)
Plugins are available for weather station software:
- Virtual Weather Station
- WeatherCat (Version V0.95, Build 152 or later) (Successor product to Lightsoft Weather Center (LWC))
- WeatherSnoop (Version 2.1.1 or later)
A complete template consists of a Base (determined by your geographical location) and a Plugin for your specific weather software.
Main features of the template set:
- Modular structure for display pages on website with primary areas (top, header, sidebar, footer) controlled by included parts so global changes can be easily made to one file and shown on all pages in the site.
- A 4-level CSS-based flyout-menu system controlled by specification in one XML file.
- Built-in theme switcher allowing optional viewer control over website color scheme and wide/narrow aspect (with user preferences remembered by browser cookie)
- Built-in multilingual translation capability for single-phrase lookup (English to target language) and entire-page fixed content translation.
- Integrated support scripts for forecasts, alerts, and earthquake information appropriate to the geography selected.
- Built-in optional debugging displays for remote site support.
- Validated XHTML 1.0-Transitional HTML and CSS 2.1
|Base Templates (images shown with VWS-plugin active)
USA languages included:
(but may add language plugins)
Canada languages included:
World languages included:
English, Afrikaans, български език, Català, Dansk, Nederlands, Suomi, Français, Deutsch, Ελληνικά, Italiano,
עִבְרִית. Norsk, Polski, Português,
limba română, Español, Svenska, Slovenščina
Please follow the links below for information, download and installation/configuration guidance.
Version history (latest 20 updates)
- Version 3.137 - 15-May-2013 - (Base-Canada) update ec-forecast.php V2.17 for EC website structure changes (again)
- Version 3.136 - 13-May-2013 - (Base-Canada) update ec-forecast.php V2.16 for multi-forecast capability, additional settings, PNG icon support and improved diagnostics
- Version 3.135 - 18-Apr-2013 - (Base-Canada) update wxadvisory.php V1.01 for major changes in Environment Canada website
- Version 3.134 - 17-Apr-2013 - (Base-Canada) update ec-forecast.php V2.15 for alert $title; update ec-radar.php V1.09 for major changes in Environment Canada website
- Version 3.133 - 16-Apr-2013 - (Base-Canada) update ec-forecast.php V2.14 for major changes in Environment Canada website
- Version 3.132 - 21-Mar-2013 - (MB-plugin) update conds.php V1.04 to fix rain display
- Version 3.131 - 17-Mar-2013 - (Base-*) updated ajax-gizmo.php V1.14 for HTML5/UTF-8 validation;
(MB-plugin) updates to generate JSON conditions file for Steel Series Gauges
- Version 3.130 - 09-Mar-2013 - (MB-plugin,Base=*) updates for Meteobridge for stations without solar and/or UV sensors
- Version 3.129 - 08-Mar-2013 - (MB-plugin,Base-*) added Meteobridge software support to templates.
- Version 3.128 - 17-Feb-2013 - (Base-USA) updated get-nnvl-iod.php V1.12 to avoid non-resizable animated GIF images;
(Base-*) updated check-fetch-times.php V1.11 with additional website diagnostic tools
- Version 3.127 - 16-Feb-2013 - (Base-*) updated wxgraphs.php for Cumulus to display solar/UV graphs
- Version 3.126 - 09-Feb-2013 - (Base-*) updated common.php V1.07 w/ tman1991 cGetMoonInfo() additions for his cell.php package;
(CU-plugin, WD-plugin, VWS-plugin)
updated wxssgauges.php V1.01 for Steel Series Gauges (which install separately) to add default HTML if the template file gauges-ss-basic-inc.php is not yet installed.
- Version 3.125 - 05-Feb-2013 - (Base-*) updated files common.php V1.06, flyout-menu.php V1.08, footer.php V1.01, include-style-switcher.php V1.19, top.php V3.04 to support single-page HTML5/UTF-8 display for Steel Series Gauges;
(CU-plugin) fixed HTML error in CU-trends-inc.php V1.09,
(CU-plugin, WD-plugin, VWS-plugin)
added sample wxssgauges.php V1.00 for Steel Series Gauges (which install separately)
- Version 3.124 - 22-Jan-2013 - (Base-USA) updated radar-status.php V1.08 to fix deprecated split() function call
- Version 3.123 - 14-Jan-2013 - (CU-plugin) update CU-defs.php V1.10 for $dateoflastrainalways in proper format based on $SITE['WDdateMDY'] selection
- Version 3.122 - 12-Jan-2013 - (Base-*) updated ajax-dashboard.php V1.26 to swap moonrise/moonset display when moonset is earlier than moonrise;
(CU-plugin) Updated tags.txt V1.10, CU-defs.php V1.09, include-noaa-reports.php V2.06 with various fixes;
(VWS-plugin,WL-plugin,WV-plugin) update include-noaa-reports.php V2.06 with various fixes
- Version 3.121 - 04-Jan-2013 - (Base-*) updated quake-json.php V1.03 to fix USGS unix timestamp with trailing zeroes added
- Version 3.120 - 02-Jan-2013 - (CU-plugin,WL-plugin,WV-plugin,VWS-plugin) update include-noaa-reports.php V 2.05 02-Jan-2013 to fix display issues with yearly rollover;
(CU-plugin) updates to support Cumulus 1.9.3 beta build 1057 tags and tags for new Cumulus wxtrends.php page (CU-trends-inc.php V1.08 02-Jan-2013)
- Version 3.119 - 08-Dec-2012 - (Base-*) updated WXSIM plaintext-parser.php V1.29 with PHP5.4 fixes
- Version 3.118 - 01-Dec-2012 - (Base-*) updated common.php V1.05 with a minor fix to cGetSeasonInfo routine
A full version history is available here.
Current Template Website Statistics
Numbers are counts of template websites by template version (V2, V3) and weather software used by the website.
Note: Regional Weather Network sites do not run weather station software, but do use the V2 template set.
V2 template sets were based using Weather-Display software only.
Acknowledgements and thanks!