They're free, but use at your own risk
The scripts referenced here are used in the operation of this weather station, and may be freely copied and used to support your station. Please note that you use these scripts at your own risk. No warranty is expressed or implied. I accept no liability for any damages that may ensue from their use.
You will need to configure them for your own particular weather station website.
A RSS Feed is available to help keep you informed on updates to the scripts.
A Version History is available -- check back from time to time to see if there are updates to scripts you have downloaded earlier.
Announcements of version updates and new scripts are made on
and saratogaWXPHP Twitter account as they become available.
This page was updated
Friday, 08-Mar-2013 5:00 PM
PHP/AJAX Website Template Sets
The templates are grouped into three basic versions based on geographic location, and include the support scripts needed for that geography:
- USA-template (for USA, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands)
- Canada-Multingual template English/French (for Canada)
- World-Multilingual template (for non-USA, non-Canada)
Plugins are available for weather station software:
- Virtual Weather Station
- WeatherCat (Version V0.95, Build 152 or later) (Successor product to Lightsoft Weather Center (LWC))
- WeatherSnoop (Version 2.1.1 or later)
A complete template consists of a Base (determined by your geographical location) and a Plugin for your specific weather software.
Main features of the template set:
- Modular structure for display pages on website with primary areas (top, header, sidebar, footer) controlled by included parts so global changes can be easily made to one file and shown on all pages in the site.
- A 4-level CSS-based flyout-menu system controlled by specification in one XML file.
- Built-in theme switcher allowing optional viewer control over website color scheme and wide/narrow aspect (with user preferences remembered by browser cookie)
- Built-in multilingual translation capability for single-phrase lookup (English to target language) and entire-page fixed content translation.
- Integrated support scripts for forecasts, alerts, and earthquake information appropriate to the geography selected.
- Built-in optional debugging displays for remote site support.
- Validated XHTML 1.0-Transitional HTML and CSS 2.1
|Base Templates (images shown with VWS-plugin active)
USA languages included:
(but may add language plugins)
Canada languages included:
World languages included:
English, Afrikaans, български език, Català, Dansk, Nederlands, Suomi, Français, Deutsch, Ελληνικά, Italiano,
עִבְרִית. Norsk, Polski, Português,
limba română, Español, Svenska, Slovenščina
Please follow the links below for information, download and installation/configuration guidance.
Version history (latest 20 updates)
- Version 3.195 - 29-Jul-2015 - (Base-*) updated get-USNO-sunmoon.php V2.01 to handle missing prior/next moon data from USNO JSON
- Version 3.194 - 29-Jul-2015 - (Base-*) updated get-USNO-sunmoon.php V2.00 to use new JSON query to aa.usno.navy.mil
- Version 3.193 - 07-Jul-2015 - (Base-USA) updated advforecast2.php V4.01 to correct HTML formatting and validation issues
- Version 3.192 - 06-Jul-2015 - (Base-USA) updated advforecast2.php V4.00, added DualImage.php V1.00 and icon templates to support NWS dual-image icons on 7-Jul-2015, and radar-status.php V1.12 for NWS website changes
- Version 3.191 - 06-Jul-2015 - (Base-*) updated quake-json.php V1.08 to fix date issues by force JSON BIGINT to decode as string
- Version 3.190 - 04-Jun-2015 - (Base-USA) updated radar-status.php V1.11 with changes due to new NWS radar status page
- Version 3.189 - 04-Jun-2015 - (Base-USA) updated radar-status.php V1.10 with change to NWS radar status URL
- Version 3.188 - 02-Jun-2015 - (Base-*) updated quake-json.php V1.07 with changes for new USGS GeoJSON source URL
- Version 3.187 - 15-May-2015 - (Base-USA) updated advforecast2.php V3.16 with fixes for different Zone forecast format in failover
- Version 3.186 - 13-May-2015 - (Base-USA) updated advforecast2.php V3.15 with fixes for changed NWS Zone forecast website
- Version 3.185 - 29-Apr-2015 - (Base-Canada) updated ec-forecast.php V3.02 with fixes for changed EC website and temperatures extracted from detailed text forecast
- Version 3.184 - 31-Mar-2015 - (Base-USA) updated advforecast2.php V3.14 with fix for NWS website access change
- Version 3.183 - 17-Mar-2015 - (Base-USA) updated advforecast2.php V3.13 with fixes for Zone forecast w/new NWS website design
- Version 3.182 - 03-Mar-2015 - (Base-Canada) updated ec-radar.php V1.12 with fix for missing latest radar image display
- Version 3.181 - 23-Dec-2014 - (Base-Canada) updated ec-forecast.php V3.01 with fixes for 'Normals'/'Sun times' extract, text forecast, and .png PoP icons
- Version 3.180 - 09-Dec-2014 - (Base-*) updated quake-json.php V1.06 to handle chunked JSON response from USGS
- Version 3.179 - 01-Nov-2014 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V3.02 to handle additional WU URL types
- Version 3.178 - 31-Oct-2014 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V3.01 to correct language selection for standalone use
- Version 3.177 - 31-Oct-2014 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V3.00 to use WU API for forecasts. NOTE: requires you to aquire a WU API key for operation.
- Version 3.176 - 18-Oct-2014 - (Base-World) updated WU-forecast.php V2.08 to fix multilingual issue and to force period names as day name/night name in selected language
A full version history is available here.
Current Template Website Statistics
Numbers are counts of template websites by template version (V2, V3) and weather software used by the website.
Note: Regional Weather Network sites do not run weather station software, but do use the V2 or V3 template set.
V2 template sets were based using Weather-Display software only.
Acknowledgements and thanks!